Medical Massage or Orthopedic Massage
Many people view massage as a luxury - a pleasurable and privileged way to unwind and temporarily relieve the tensions of a day. However, while many forms of massage serve this simple purpose, other forms of massage, such as medical and orthopedic massage can provide much more.
Medical and orthopedic massage is designed to produce immediate and long-term results for people with specific injuries, symptoms, or any type of myofascial restrictions. These forms of massage often provide immediate and long-term relief from pain, and both help promote full body alignment and healing.
Medical and orthopedic massages can successfully treat a variety of medical conditions including:
- Tight and sore muscles that can lead to poor blood flow, improper alignment and pain
- Limited or poor range of motion throughout the body
- Poor posture and lack of balance and coordination
- Stress and other nervous system ailments
- Muscle knots (Myofascial trigger-points) and pain
- Nerve compression and muscle spasms
- Digestive issues
These issues and others can all be addressed through medical or orthopedic massage treatment.
Because medical and orthopedic massage are designed to identify and treat medical issues, these treatments require a doctor's prescription. Advanced Spine & Sport Chiropractic accepts medical referrals from other doctors, but our own doctors can authorize medical and orthopedic massages if we determine that treatment can improve your health.
Medical and Orthopedic Massage Facts:
- Injuries and surgeries, whether minor or acute, can impact one's quality of life; medical and orthopedic massage can address those impacts through cost-effective, drug and surgery-free, and non-invasive treatment.
- In many cases, medical and orthopedic massage serves as a preventative health solution allowing for long-term health, flexibility, and vitality.
- Medical and orthopedic massage is a treatment that promotes full-body health and wellness.
- You can use your health savings account (HSA) or health reimbursement account (HRA) for medical and orthopedic massage, and some insurances cover medical and orthopedic massage treatment.
Call us today and begin you journey to health today!